Wednesday 7 January 2009

David Chandler


The late Dr David Chandler is a name that crops up a lot if you are researching the Sedgemoor/Blenheim period - one time lecturer at Sandhurst was a prolific author on the subject publishing many essential works. He was also involved in reenactment and through this I met him many times. He came along to the first 1685 Society event in 98 at Basing House and because of this got in touch with me about organising something for Blenheim in 2004. He sent me this sheet with previous reenactments mostly by the SK of Blenheim and Sedgemoor - hope you enjoy it. The annotations are his own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I met David Chandler at a reenacting event I did in 1995. He was dressed as one of Marlborough's officers and had a very obvious safety pin keep his wig together. I remember he said 'forsooth' a number of times and was absolutely charming. A delightful gentleman.